For Immediate Release: Friday 2nd September
ScaleNL Accelerator, an initiative funded by the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is launching today the opening of applications to their second cohort.
Consisting of a unique US market entry-program, the purpose of the ScaleNL Accelerator is to surround the latest Dutch companies with the resources and network they need to succeed in the US market.
With a personalized approach to programming, the content includes a mix of peer-to-peer, advisory and expertise-based sessions. Based on years of experience in helping Dutch Tech enter the US market, the chosen focus areas are themes are US Mindset, Go-to-market strategy, Business strategy, Pitching to a US audience, and Fundraising in the US.
Dutch Founders have experienced a tough road expanding their tech companies to the US on their own, spending about 1-2 years learning and adapting the hard way. With this unique US market entry program, ScaleNL Accelerator enables Dutch tech companies to enter the US market competitively from Day 1.
“Scaling internationally is hard – many founders make the same mistakes over and over. The ScaleNL facilitated a community of like-minded founders in our endeavour of scaling throughout the US market. Having peer-support is part of the secret sauce to international success”
– Julian Jagtenberg, CEO & Founder of Somnox (ScaleNL Accelerator participant)
The inaugural cohort completed the program this past June, and the 11 companies were focused on connecting with the local ecosystem in San Francisco and Los Angeles. During the past three months there were a multitude of successes from the companies participating. Several founders have raised funding in recent months, you can get a snapshot of the latest news from the links below.
This time the Accelerator will focus on bridging business with the East Coast in the US. The East Coast edition will run from January to March 2023, in a hybrid format of both online and in-person sessions with experts. These sessions include a variety of formats from workshops to masterclasses, ask-me-anything with Founders who have done it before, and office hours with experienced mentors. To culminate the program includes a Business Trip to the US East Coast covering New York & Boston.
“We are incredibly excited to bring the second cohort to the USA East Coast. This region offers enormous opportunities to grow and to expand innovative businesses. Our team, together with our partners, are ready to support this next generation of Dutch entrepreneurs in the USA.”
– Barry Nieuwenhuijs, Deputy Consul General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in New York
The East Coast edition of ScaleNL Accelerator is open to companies from a variety of industries and business models This region is most attractive to Dutch Tech companies with the following focus areas based on the expertise of the region;
- Technologies Related To: B2B, SaaS, Big Data & Analytics, eCommerce, AI
- Industry Focused On: BioTech, Life Science & Health, FinTech, Cyber Security, Logistics, Photonics, Food & AgriTech
- Sustainability Initiatives (SDGs): Clean Tech, Energy transition, etc.
Interested companies can apply via this link: Apply Here
Do you have more questions about the program? Visit the FAQ to find out more.
- Dutch startup DeNoize raises €1M+ to help you deal with noise pollution by transforming your windows
- Amsterdam’s Lalaland bags €2.1 million to empower inclusion and diversity in the fashion industry
- Bits of Stock bags $4.2M to accelerate adoption of stock awards-based rewards programme
- Syntho to join latest Cedars-Sinai accelerator cohort
- BOTS wins Young Business Award 2022 (Dutch)
- De Ondernemer 12-part video series introducing the ScaleNL Accelerator Founders (Dutch): Somnox, BOTS, Syntho, Expivi, Lalaland, Xinaps, Qlayers, Orbisk, Momo Medical, Givt, Bits of Stock
- Recap blog post about ScaleNL Accelerator West Coast edition 2022
ScaleNL supports Dutch Tech companies with unique access to the US market. A program which has been designed to fast-track their success; the organization and the ScaleNL Accelerator selects businesses based on US readiness, ambition, market size, and more – to connect them through their unique network of 300+ mentors, and also to provide access to the community platform, events, programs, courses, and more. For more information, see this article in the FD and the official website.
ScaleNL’s list of Partners includes global brands, government, and financial institutions supporting their initiatives which include; Friesland Campina, InvestNL, ASR Insurances, Rabobank, Silicon Valley Bank, Taylor Wessing, Universities of the Netherlands, Unknown Group and Wilson Sonsini.